Follow our tide in real tine...

Follow along on our rides

I use an app on my smartphone called LocaToWeb which uploads our actual GPS ride in real time. If you send me an email I can even add your t...

Saturday, May 22, 2010

An experiment

I am writing this post while sitting in the biergarten of Brauerei Kraus, Hirschaid. That in itself it not so unusual but the way I am doing it is a first for me. Instead of my laptop I'm using my iPad.

It is a little more complicated than that because Brauerei Kraus doesn't have WiFi and I've been unable to find a Micro-SIM that fits the iPad (a regular phone SIM won't work). Riding to my rescue is a Cradlepoint PHS-300 "Portable Hot Spot." I plug my USB 3G modem into it and it creates a WiFi network that the iPad (or any WiFi device) can use to connect to the internet. And yes, it is battery powered as well.

And because this is supposed to be about beer and bicycling, a picture of my Krause Lagerbier...





Ain't technology wunnerful.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wiesenstraße,Hirschaid,Germany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoped you would post a foto of Hilde, the boss of brewery Kraus!