Follow our tide in real tine...

Follow along on our rides

I use an app on my smartphone called LocaToWeb which uploads our actual GPS ride in real time. If you send me an email I can even add your t...

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bamberg Day Four

Not a good day on some levels but a great day on others. Spent 2.5 hours at the bike show while they worked on my tightening headset. The also adjusted my breaks which left them dragging a bit (both front and back) so riding was much harder. But I had some great beers.

It turns out that last week Menno Olivier -- the owner and head brewer of Brouwerij De Molen was in Bamberg last week (he actually stayed at the same apartment where I am staying). Also in town that week was Hå-Ge Wiktorsson -- the head brewer of the small Swedish brewery Kulturbryggeri Närke. They both went out to Trablesdorf (10 miles from Bamberg) -- Brauerei Beck to brew a tri-national beer called "Elevator." Andreas "Andy" Gänstaller, the brewer at Beck, is a long time friend and he invited me out to to the brewery Tuesday night. Not only did he have samples of his new bock "Quator" -- named because it's starting gravity is 25 Plato and is brewed with four malts-- as well as Affumicator (9.5% Smoked Bock) and Elevator fresh from the secondary -- at 9 days old. And oh, by the way, we have to drink these dozen or so beers given to me by Menno and Hå-Ge...

If you listed all the places in the world where there was a De Molen/Närke tasting would take place, the village (population maybe 500) of Trablesdorf would not have made the top 500 names.

More later, now just some pictures.
















No comments: