Follow our tide in real tine...

Follow along on our rides

I use an app on my smartphone called LocaToWeb which uploads our actual GPS ride in real time. If you send me an email I can even add your t...

Sunday, January 04, 2009

I'm still here! Shopping by Bike

I realize its been a while since I posted here. recent activity has been on my other blog Have Beer Will Travel (which is mostly about non bike beer travel). But I'm still riding my Bike Friday as often as I can.

One of things I like to do is Sunday morning ride a few miles down to the Mar Vista Farmers Market. Its really more of a "street market" since I'd say over half the stalls are from area restaurants selling cooked food for vendors reselling produce they probably bought from the LA Wholesale Produce Market.


I try and buy from the farmers/growers when I can but that is not always possible. Even when I'm buying from a reseller it seems much more satisfying somehow buying from one of these vendors than a large chain grocery store (even though its probably the same produce).




No comments: