Follow our tide in real tine...

Follow along on our rides

I use an app on my smartphone called LocaToWeb which uploads our actual GPS ride in real time. If you send me an email I can even add your t...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Off to Germany... Maybe

Well, we were all scheduled to head of to Germany on Friday for nine days or so (weather permitting) of bike riding around Bamberg. Friday was all packed in his suitcase and ready to go.

So I turn on the news and see that Iceland has blown up or something and it is causing havoc with transatlantic flights. We are flying thru Detroit (Delta) and our Frankfurt flight is scheduled to leave (and arrive) on time, something I don't believe. The same flight today is still sitting on the ground and is now schedule to leave 3 hours late and arrive 4 1/2 hours late.

Most of Lufthansa's flights from the US were canceled today and most US carriers canceled their flights to Frankfurt.

So I'll let you know what happens. My fear is that they tell us to go ahead and we get to Detroit and are stuck there for days on end.

No comments: