Follow our tide in real tine...

Follow along on our rides

I use an app on my smartphone called LocaToWeb which uploads our actual GPS ride in real time. If you send me an email I can even add your t...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Beer in Bamberg!

After a bus detour and an extra couple of train changes (the tracks were closed on one section of the route between Aschaffenburg and Lohr) I finally arrived in Bamberg.

After putting the bike together I went for a short test ride to make sure all the parts stayed attached. It was only a few km but I was in need of a beer so I stopped at Brauerei Spezial. It was as wonderful as ever.

Spezial Lagerbier
I hadn't had anything to eat since a quick sandwich while waiting for the train. I asked Helga, the waitress, for the menu. She said I had to wait another half hour or so but I should have the Schäuferla (pork shoulder) as it was especially good today. I asked to see the menu and she repeated "you want the Schäuferla." So I ordered it (you don't want to mess with Helga) and she was right.



Spezial Schäuferla
Another couple of beers with dinner and it was time to move on -- the jet lag was starting to kick in and it would be embarrassing to fall asleep at the table. So I headed back to towards my apartment but Schlenkera was on the way so I stopped in just for a quick quality inspection.

Schlenerla Märzen

With the first beer I was willing to give them a passing mark but I take my quality control duties seriously so I had a few more just to be sure. Before I realized it, it was 11pm and time for sleep.


No comments: